We spent the last few days in Buena Vista waiting for my grandpa's boat to be fixed (it had an electrical problem that was finally fixed after three days) and went out fishing on Tuesday. We went to a delicious sushi dinner that night, which was amazing after eating the same style of food (tortilla and cheese in various forms) for almost two weeks. Yesterday, Mike and I left the beautiful East Cape area and drove an hour and a half to Todos Santos. It is on the Pacific side of southern Baja and is beautiful. However, we're here in May, which my mom just told me is known to be freezing (which it is) and with little to no surf (no waves either). So, even though we're staying in a beautiful spot and it's very picture-perfect, I'm freezing and we're all ready to get on the final two-day stretch home.
We'll drive from here to Guerrero Negro today, which is about half way up Baja. And from there we will head all the way through to Pacific Beach, San Diego, California! Finalmente! I'll try and blog tonight from Guerrero Negro, but it'll be at the end of a long day of driving hard roads and I doubt there will be internet. I am planning on sitting down in San Diego to write one final (and probably really long) entry with my final thoughts and feelings and also upload pictures on the posts I haven't been able to.
Here are some pictures of grandpa, Mike, Maecito and my last day in East Cape, aboard grandpa's fishing boat:
- The first picture is of the last sunrise I'll see coming up over water until my next visit to East Cape.
- The second picture is of Maecito--who conveniently escaped from Kimberly's house and found us right as we were boarding the boat for the day--aboard grandpa's boat, the Dottie B II.
- The third picture is of a dolphin swimming alongside our boat.
That's all for now :)

No comments:
Post a Comment