It's Mike and my last day in Costa Rica, with plans to return but no idea when. We'll head up to the Nicaraguan border before lunchtime tomorrow and hopefully make it to Popoyo (a surf break Mike went to with Outward Bound that he had to go back to again) before sundown, if the border doesn't take more than four-five hours.
Back to the present, Mike and Blake went to get more ice for the coolers and some fire wood for a campfire and s'mores tonight. It's been raining on and off all day, plus it's super windy, but we're all crossing our fingers that we can have a fire on our last night in Avellanas. I spent the day walking on the beach with the dogs, reading my Kindle on the hammock, and making a bracelet. While I was finishing the bracelet, I realized that these were things that I'd dreamt about doing again on a consistent basis while I was finishing up classes. What a nice feeling :)
Well, not much to report on other than that. Here are a few pictures:
- The first is a picture of the three dogs on the path through the mangroves off the beach to Hotel Las Olas, where we had appetizers yesterday afternoon.
- Missy spotted the two monkeys in the second picture. They're howler monkeys, the boy is on the left and the girl on the right.
- The third picture is of Max at the north end of Avellanas beach, with the whole beach in the background. The tide is really low in this picture, but also so high that we had to move our tents back a few feet to stay dry.


To think it was a year ago that I left Mike in a foreign country with some strange woman. I'll never forget sitting on the plane flying back to San Jose thinking what kind of father am I? Now, I can say, it was one of the best things I have ever done for him. Thank you, Gayle.
ReplyDelete