I got up at 5:30, like usual, and took the dogs for a walk down the beach. Once everyone else got up, the boys, dogs and I walked down the beach to surf. I hadn't surfed in over six months, since before Mike moved to San Diego, so it was nice to be back on a board. I caught a few waves, then took the dogs back to the campsite for some water and rest. After a little bit, I got bored and took the underwater camera to go take pictures of Mike surfing. But when I got to where he was surfing, he was getting out, so I took a few pictures of the dogs (posted below) and we walked back to the campsite at Dos Lunas (also posted below).



When we got back to the campsite, I noticed a man rolling back and forth in the tide line down the beach. He looked completely limp and like he wasn't trying to even get any air, so Mike and Jamie ran down to see if he was alive and to pull him from the water, while I ran to the next property over, where Outward Bound was staying (since our dueno, Lucas, wasn't home) to have Carlos, a surf instructor Mike and I had been on course together with, call an ambulance. The man ended up being extremely drunk, but alive. After the cops came and Carlos, Jamie, Mike and I wrote down our names and explained what happened, we all went back to our respective campsites a little bit in shock. I am glad he is alive, but wow, how insane alcohol can make you in high doses.
After the mid-day near-drowning of the drunk man, we ate some sandwiches and now everyone's taking a nap while I blog. The plan is to go down to Las Olas, the only hotel in Avellanas, which is down a trail through mangroves off the beach, for some appetizers, then back "home" for some hanging out and maybe some cards.
So I guess that's it for now...Here are some pictures from this morning:
- The first picture is of our campsite--we're the tent on the right, Blake and Jamie are on the left of us, then the picnic table where I'm now sitting at is under the rustic palapa building on the left.
- The second picture is of Maecito with the sandiest face ever :)
- The third picture is of Max trying to hunt me in the water, also deserves a :)

No comments:
Post a Comment