I don't know where to start...So I guess I will just start here: I am so excited that this month-long road trip is now a reality! I just got the official approval today to extend a ten-day trip during the last week and a half of May from Costa Rica to San Diego into over a month-long adventure. Instead of taking the last course in my MA program at UPeace, I will be doing an independent study travel journal (blogging/photos) of the areas I will be visiting during my road trip.
I originally drove my '99 manual 4 Runner down here from San Diego in January 2009 with my best friend, Ryan, over 12 days. The trip was rushed but such a good time. This time, Mike, Max, Missy, Maecito and I will be taking the 4 Runner back to San Diego, just at a more leisurely pace. Between Mike's surfing and my independent study, this is going to be a full trip :)
Here's my itinerary, as of today:
Costa Rica:
Saturday, April 24: Playa Hermosa
Sunday, April 25- Wednesday morning, April 28: Playa Avellanas
Nicaragua:
Wednesday, April 28- Friday morning, April 30: San Juan del Sur/ Popoyo
Friday, April 30: Leon
Honduras-->El Salvador:
Saturday, May 1: San Vicente
Sunday, May 2: Ahuachapan
Guatemala:
Monday, May 3-Tuesday, May 4: Antigua
Wednesday, May 5: Huehuetenango
Mexico:
Thursday, May 6: San Cristobal de las Casas
Friday, May 7: Oaxaca
Saturday, May 8- Monday, May 10: Puerto Escondido
Tuesday, May 11: Manzanillo
Wednesday, May 12: ferry from Mazatlan- La Paz, Baja California
Thursday, May 13-Tuesday, May 18: East Cape (this is my grandpa’s 88th birthday weekend fiesta)
Wednesday, May 19-Saturday, May 22: Todos Santos
Sunday, May 23: Santa Rosalia
Monday, May 24: El Pabellon
Tuesday, May 25: cross border into US
I still have a week and a half left of my remaining course at UPeace, but I figured that since I have the itinerary, I might as well set up the blog now to give me a good head-start at getting used to blog writing. Plus, there's a lot of preparation Mike and I have both been doing that I could blog about.
For now, here's a few pics of my adorable dogs and maybe I'll find some time between paper writing and a girl's night out at Che Pizza to write more.


oh I love that middle picture, it makes me miss you and max soooo much!
ReplyDeleteWhen I woke up this morning I thought of all the preparations you have been doing on your end, and Mike on his. You need to include this in at least one blog before you leave. The success of every journey is all about "proper planning prevents piss poor performance!"
ReplyDeletexoxo Mama
Hi Gayle...not sure if you remember me, but I remember you as a baby and a young girl and now, I am thrilled to be reading your travel journal as an adult. Yikes! It went by so fast. I look forward to connecting with your adventures daily until you are safely home.
ReplyDeleteKathy Hodge (Adams)
Kathy, of course I remember you! I didn't see your post until now but thank you for following the blog & yes, it's been quite the adventure so far!!!
ReplyDelete